Research Interests: Roman and Minoan wall painting
1. What do you do outside of class/academic work?
I’m Director, Campaign Planning for UofT’s Division of University Advancement. During my vacation time, I like to volunteer on archaeology projects and go on yoga or meditation retreats.
2. How did you get started with this activity?
I volunteered on an archaeology project the summer after I finished my undergrad (a Hellenistic site in Greece), and after a bit of a hiatus I returned to the field about 8 years ago (studying petroglyphs in Nicaragua). I have more recently been working on a study project in Pompeii.
3. What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your CV/resume alone?
I once dug up dinosaur bones in the Badlands of Alberta with one of the ROM’s curators.
4. What’s next for you?
Trying to survive working and doing my masters part-time!
5. What is your favourite thing about Toronto?
So many things! It’s the best. The range of wonderful restaurants serving food from around the world, my Annex neighbourhood, the fact that my family is here, including my amazing nieces. The lake and the island.
6. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
An inky black navy, because I’m most creative and at ease at night.