Hometown: Bolton/Orangeville, ON
Research Interests: Medieval Medical Illustrations and Historic Methods of Photography
1. What do you do outside of class/academic work?
Outside of class I am a freelance photographer, videographer, and artist. I specialize in portraits and food photography, but I love dabbling and experimenting.
2. How did you get started with this activity?
I grew up in the countryside with a family of artists. My sister and I had tons of places to explore up there. Our parents had a camera, so we created crazy films, photo shoots and plays on a regular basis. And I never stopped.
3. What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your CV/resume alone?
I love to bake. And I will watch any period drama. Any. Specifically for the costumes… I love velvet.
4. What’s next for you?
I am currently co-writing an experimental play that we are planning to launch this fall, so stay tuned!
5. What is your favourite thing about Toronto?
The food! We have such a great food culture here, so much love and appreciation for culinary arts and for variety! A rich and diverse food haven like nowhere else.
6. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
Sparkly Chartreuse – a little glam, a little vintage. Really into the greens lately for some reason.