This resource list is monitored and updated as necessary. Last update: January 13, 2021
U of T Libraries (Robarts & other locations)
- General updates on the UTL operations and access
- January 11, 2021: Robarts Library and Gerstein Library will reopen in a limited way for essential services (access to technology and Internet services).
- HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service offers online access to print materials in UTL stacks that HathiTrust holds in digital form.
- UTL stacks cannot reopen without losing access to HathiTrust.
- Items in library stacks NOT available via HathiTrust may be requested through Curbside Pickup Service – participating libraries include Robarts, Gerstein Science Information Centre, OISE, Downsview high-volume storage facility, and many others.
- Locate the item on the UTL Catalogue, then click “Get Help” under the image of the item. If the item is not available on HathiTrust, you will be directed to the Curbside Pickup request page.
- Scan and Deliver: Users may request scanned copies of articles from print journals held at most of the high-volume libraries.
- Kelly Library InfoExpress: Request a PDF of a single book chapter or journal article held at the John M. Kelly Library by emailing email@example.com.
- Inter-Library Loans (ILL): At this time, Interlibrary Loans are only available for e-resources.
- Ask Chat with a Librarian (live chat service) remains open and available.
- Submit a question to U of T about COVID-19.
Department of Art History
- If you are a member of GUStA, join our Slack channel where you can ask for help in locating any books or chapters that you may not be able to access elsewhere. For an invitation to join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art History Library: Resources at the Art History Library that are not available through UTL or HathiTrust may be available in a limited way, and on a case-by-case basis. For further information and assistance on borrowing materials at this time, please contact Margaret English, Librarian, at email@example.com.
- The Library may also be able to purchase items for you; please see below for more information.
- UTL has a centralized Suggest a Title page for resources not available through HathiTrust or as a physical copy (e.g., missing books)https://library.utoronto.ca/suggest-title
- Depending on the scope and availability of the resource that you require, the Art History Library may be able to assist you. Please contact Margaret English, Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a title request or suggestion.
Study Spaces and Computer Access
- Due to the extended province-wide lockdown, most of the study spaces remain closed until January 24th (update forthcoming).
- Any major updates will be posted at Campus Status.
- Please refer to the COVID-19: Updates on library services & operations page for any information on essential library services.
- RemoteLab: This service provides access to the software and services normally provided via the computers in the Libraries. Follow the link for instructions on how to access this service.
- The Graduate Students’ Carrels in the Department of Art History remains open in an extremely limited way with set hours and rosters. Please contact Kristina Matevski, Department Administrator, at email@example.com if you would like to inquire re: access to the Carrels.